I make things that go online.
Here are some of them.
aa.com Visit Site »
- Client—American Airlines
- Roles—Front-end development, front-end strategy/architecture
- I was instrumental in conceiving and executing a bottom-up re-write of the front end of aa.com. Became one of the first strictly front-end developers to gain access to source code directly, and helped build confidence in the front-end discipline in the organization. Championed the benefits of standardizing on modern browsers and web standards for all future development. Principal front-end developer for the launch of the new brand, which included re-architecting all of the aa.com CSS into Sass/Compass for future maintainability. Continuing to refine the new front-end architecture and educate the organization on how it should be used when rolling out to the rest of the site.
Brainstaple/Come and Take It Visit Site »
- Client—Personal project
- Roles—Front-end development, back-end development, design, research, production, "on-air" talent
- Together with two buddies from college—all born and raised in the Lone Star State—started a podcast in September 2013 to share our interest and love for the great state of Texas. Recorded twice a month and released weekly. Site is built with mobile/responsive techniques in mind from the beginning.
bwccreative.com Visit Site »
- Client—BWC Creative
- Roles—Information architecture, design, production, maintenance, support
- XHTML, CSS, DOM Scripting, Expression Engine
- Part of an over-all initiative to re-brand and update our company's image. An effort was made to emphasize the many varied areas that we can provide services to the customer, from concepts and designs to large format printing and trade show exhibit structures. The site is built on the Expression Engine CMS and leverages several free plugins and extensions to meet our requirements.
University of North Texas College of Music
- Client—UNT College of Music
- Roles—Some design, production, maintenance, support
- XHTML, CSS, DOM Scripting, PHP/Smarty, MySQL
- Worked with design team to establish a sophisticated look that reflected the stature and reputation of the College of Music. Designed and built a custom CMS for dynamic content, with page delivery based on the Smarty template engine. Challenges included dealing with a varied assortment of existing content needing specialized content delivery, as well as a committee of stakeholders that needed approval.
Munce Group “retailers only” site
- Client—Munce Group
- Roles—Concept, information architecture, production, maintenance, support
- XHTML, CSS, DOM Scripting, Witango, MySQL
- The client provides printed catalogs, marketing support and sales opportunites for Christian retailers nationwide. Their retailer-only website needed to present a wide array of information, primarily consisting of catalog data, product data and related sales information. Delivered a secure, dynamic site, expanded over time to include a complete user administration system, lightweight content management system, advertising engine and e-newsletter builder.
Solar Works Inc.
- Client—Solar Works Inc.
- Roles—Design, production, maintenance
- XHTML, CSS, DOM scripting, PHP, MySQL
- Premier renewable energy systems integrator in the northeast United States. Required a comprehensive site that incorporates a vast amount of information spread across four different customer types. Crisp and clear design to emphasize the benefits of solar energy.